Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Vitamix Blender



I got my Vitamix blender at a local department store early May 2011. There was a live product demonstration going on that day, and I decided to hang out and taste samples for about 40 minutes.  I was running errands after work, I was hungry, and I really wanted a snack. That's why I was there. I had no intention of buying a blender.  However,  the whole setting had an infomercial feel, and I got sucked in. I love infomercials.

I got to sample tortilla soup, a frozen chocolate banana treat, and two different types of whole fruit/vegetable smoothies. I also found out that the Vitamix for sale in the store came with a full-sized cookbook. It was over 300 pages. I browsed through the cookbook, and there were a ton of great recipes (most of which I have since found out are on the official Vitamix website). Most of the recipes include primarily healthy whole foods. The recipes seemed easy enough for me to make. I'm not exactly a skilled cook.

After seeing all the amazing things the Vitamix could do, I walked out of the store with one. It was a total impulse buy. I don't usually do that kind of thing, but I'm so glad I did!

I will continue to add recipes, photos, and videos of food prepared in the Vitamix, so be sure to stop by and visit my blog again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment